GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
i find if your tank is healthy and your fish isn't stressed and is eating this will generally go away...having a cleaner shrimp doesnt hurt also.

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
high quality fish food, like ocean nutrition formula one two etc... with built in garlic and nori for tangs is beneficial. Ive read greens/seaweeds boosts immune systems..just my two cents

SaltWaterN00b

\/\/h47 @ n00b !!!
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
drunktank said:
u can try and treat ur tank w/ stuff from ur LFS, but i question how well it works- do u QT ur fish?

QT = Quaranteen? if thats the case then no, the fish currently in the tank have been in there almost a month or more. I have no quarantee tank and getting one is not an option for me and all the fish eat alot. Whats my best option for ick medication? Other then fish are one small Kenya tree and a bunch of read Mushrooms and what looks like a VERY small fetaher duster on a tube looking thing on part of a rock.

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
melafix is supposedly reef safe, i've never had any problems with it. Though u have to turn ur skimmer of while medicating the tank. some1 i know used Rid-Ich (sp?) and said it worked for a short time. You might want to do a little research on ich. just to be safe in the future

a QT tank is a safe bet in the future, all u need is a 10g tank and a HOB filter. No expensive at all vs. the cost of loosing a fish.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: