AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have been trying to calibrate these heaters for days but I cant seem to get it right. Finally out of frustration, I decided to start from scratch and I turned them as far down (i think i did anyway) as they will go.

If I'm understanding this correctly I'm supposed to turn the red dial to the desired temp (79 degrees) and then i turn the blue dial to match the red dial and then i pug it in? Then after 24 hours, I unplug, turn the red dial to whatever the water temp is and then do the same with the blue dial?

Keep this up until it stays at 79 degrees?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• Jager Heater.jpg
    Jager Heater.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 4,275
  • Digital Thermometer.jpg
    Digital Thermometer.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 4,088

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I have one and only use it for mixing water. I could never get it right.
Ended up buying a titanium heater and I am much happier with it.
Bring it back and exchange it for a digital titanium heater. IMO

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I have one and only use it for mixing water. I could never get it right.
Ended up buying a titanium heater and I am much happier with it.
Bring it back and exchange it for a digital titanium heater. IMO

Chem,

Funny I almost did that before deciding on the Jagers. Which one would you recommend?

JimmyR1rider

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Yep.

Set the blue dial to your desired temp. In 24 hours take actual temp of tank. If its off move the red arrow to point at what the tank temp is(it will then be a calibrated heater) and then reset the blue dial to the desired tank temp again.

When you start this procedure this time around first move the red arrow to the center of it range- it can move 8 clicks altogether- 4 in each direction from center to calibrate the heater being 4 degrees off, either high or low.

AquaDan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Yep.

Set the blue dial to your desired temp. In 24 hours take actual temp of tank. If its off move the red arrow to point at what the tank temp is(it will then be a calibrated heater) and then reset the blue dial to the desired tank temp again.

When you start this procedure this time around first move the red arrow to the center of it range- it can move 8 clicks altogether- 4 in each direction from center to calibrate the heater being 4 degrees off, either high or low.

Thanks for the feedback guys. Its starting to make a bit more sense but just one more stupid question. If I'm only moving the blue dial then how do I know when to stop moving it? Say for example I want to move the blue dial to 79 degrees. The blue dial has the temps listed on it but other than the red dial, there's no arrow letting you know when to stop turning the blue dial. I'm sure this is obvious but I'm just not seeing it.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
The red arrow is what you want it to be set to. Once you center the red one and set the blue one you adjust the red one to the actual temp then your good. If you want to change it you just turn the blue so red arrow pointing at temp you want..

46nBliss

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Hook it up to a temp controller like a ranco or apex and rest easy. If the internal thermostat of the heater ever fails at all least the controller will shut off the power to the heater if not you might roast your tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: