londre5000

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Picked this yellow coris up 3 days ago. He is acting fine, eating and exploring the tank. Is this red spot an infection or did he rub up against something?

Attachments

• IMG_5227.JPG
    IMG_5227.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_5229.JPG
    IMG_5229.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 227

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
tough to say, was the spot on the fish when you picked it up? keep close eye on it, would be very difficult to catch at this point without tearing tank apart if you need to get It out. some have had luck with a fish trap

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
How long was he acclimated ? If less than 3+ hours it's probably something internal.

????... Acclimation over 15-20 minutes is not recommended and may be harmful to fish.
Fish should be temperature acclimated in their shipping bag, them placed into a 'matching' salinity QT... If fish is going directly into DT (after temp acclimation), it can be drip acclimated for 15-20 minutes before placing into DT.

albano

Saltwater since 1973
Staff member
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I drip all my fish for 2-3 hrs...

As stated above... In case you missed it...
????... Acclimation over 15-20 minutes is not recommended and may be harmful to fish.
Fish should be temperature acclimated in their shipping bag, them placed into a 'matching' salinity QT... If fish is going directly into DT (after temp acclimation), it can be drip acclimated for 15-20 minutes before placing into DT.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I never acclimate most fish only fish I'd actually drip acclimate is fish that are known to be sensitive if I spent a lot on a tang or angel I'd drip but wrasses I just float bag to match temp give a prazi bath and in they go wish I had a qt set up to monitor for velvet but I Havnt gotten to it just yet

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Interesting read about the bacteria thanks. That's why I follow these threads, cool article.

That said, I wouldn't go drastic in relocating the fish. I've seen that before and it's cured with healthy amount feeding with garlic/selcon soak. And of course pristine water quality.

NDY

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
330   0   0
that looks like a bruise to me have u check for other fish beating on him in had the same problem wild back with one o my wrasse chasing the other 2wrasses I have just check into it

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: