Master Shake

captain of tying knots
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
eheim is a good company but where they lack the quality like many companies is that they make quartz or glass heaters, better than most standard heaters but best type is the titanium, if you go with finex id say splurge for the digital controller i have it and so far no problem, the jbj's are alright as well, even better thanthem would be their titanium heating elements on a ranco controller

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
ehiem all the way!! My rule of not using 1 big heater for the whole tank just 2 or 3 smaller ones I believe is best so in case a heater goes berserk it doesn't fry your tank.

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I have an Aqueon 250w running on a Reef Octopus Digital Controller (I don't trust those cheap thermostats to not stick eventually) in the 30g sumo under my 80g DT. I'm going to replace the heater with a 300w Titanium, just because, even though the Aqueon 250w kept the tank within 0.5*F at all times, even before the controller. I agree a 500w heater on a 90g is overkill and possibly an instant oven, if anything happened to go wrong, God forbid. 300w would be plenty on your 90g, or 2 150w's (I think that's what was said) as previously suggested.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: