jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
not a bad deal but you should figure you will still need a return pump, heater, new filters for ro, new bulbs, maybe new plumbing and fittings, etc. will probably cost an extra 200-300 for all.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Nope not finicky. That's a coralife fixture I wouldn't hang over my fuge, a RO that most likely is useless unless you buy all 3 filters a new membrane and di resin which will cost almost 100 dollars. The g2 is not a efficient skimmer and most likely will need a new pump if not now in a few months.

Nope not finicky. That's a coralife fixture I wouldn't hang over my fuge, a RO that most likely is useless unless you buy all 3 filters a new membrane and di resin which will cost almost 100 dollars. The g2 is not a efficient skimmer and most likely will need a new pump if not now in a few months.

I agree with duke, Coralife is the lowest end light you can buy before Odyssea. RO will definitely need new everything and it is better buying a brand new unit the way you want it. And lastly, ASM skimmers are not good at all compared to the new skimmers and even skimmers of their time. They are made of cheap plastic that is probably dull by now and flexes like crazy and eventually gets a bunch of micro cracks, it has no neck and overall not a good skimmer. Buy a brand new tank and equipment or find a good deal on this forum to save your money in the long run

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Quick answers? No, no and no. Secondary answer, go into the MR tank threads and read before making your first purchase. You'll be happy you saved $700!!

The tank, stand and sump is probably fine but you'll end up wanting to upgrade after you look at potential options.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: