D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
that is the same one i have ,,remember ,i dont use the taste and odor filter ,so i have 5 chambers ..you will have to connect a few thing to it it started .Membrane ,resin and a few fittings

techreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marine snails are most definitely not equal to FW snails, which are definitely a complete PITA. marine snails can be difficult to correctly ID, so be careful when buying them. one common mistake is to buy snails from the colder waters of the Pacific and drop them in your reef tank. They'll live for a while, but will eventually "cook" in the warm waters of your tank.

Coming from FW myself, I always hated snails, and it's been a slow transition for me to accept and even like having snails in my reef tank. but if chosen correctly, they are terrific clean up crews. Get a variety of species so you cover your bases as to what you want cleaned up (various algae, detritus, carrion) and you have made a great step forward in making your tank more self-sufficient and less labor intensive for you. and no, you shouldn't have a snail graveyard either. Sounds like something was wrong in your friend's tank for that to be happening. Maybe they had scattered empty snail shells around for hermit crabs to use?

sarahandkevin

forever noob
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
question ones: I am still not sure how to get this water filter working. the deadline is coming up fast!!! (our licenced plummer is coming to install it in the sink - and other plumming stuff- AFTER the tank move... so thats not much help) If anyone knows how we can get it working in time for the move this sunday we'd be very thankful.

second question- snails
yeah... Techreef... it makes our skin crawl to welcome snails into our world. We have a team of Loaches just to rid us of even the hint of snails in our FW. but if thats what "The Reef Jones's" do, we will too....... gulp!!!

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Tech stated it very well. Jon was also eloquent in his support :rolleyes:

The snails you might want to consider are:
Nassarius Vibex (great for stirring your sandbed)
Ceriths
Astraea's (also called turbos)
Trochus
Nerites
Bumble Bee

To name just a few.

I'm not a real big fan of most hermit crabs. However, there are a couple that I really like and aren't aggressive:

Scarlett Hermits
Blue Leg Hermits

Hope this helps.

Russ

nycitaliano9

Rating - 100%
76   0   0
:iamwithst ^AHahAHahaHahaAHah^

yeah i found the things he told me to be alil ackward but for some reason it works out great for him LMAO

welcome!!!
nice lookin tank is that a 30" high? are u a tall guy?
im 6'3 and i have a very hard time reachin the bottom of mine -=X lol
:tongue1:
6'3 what you talking about i thought you had heels that day i saw you i never seen a 6'3 Asian before LMAO Sam is the best lol

sarahandkevin

forever noob
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
just finished prepairing the stuffed shells. Making 80Gs of water. arranging the stand in the Living Room just so. ouuuuu tomorrow is going to be a great moving day!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: