dirtrider29

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Hey guys,

The past few days i have been trying to figure out why my corals have closed up. Specifically i have a torch coral that is not opening and a few montis that the polyps will not come out on.The only corals that are doing good is the zoas which are still opened all the way with great color. Yesterday i did a 20 gallon water change on my red sea max 250 and checked all the levels again today. Here are the results

Cal-410
Alk-7
Mg-1350
Ph-8.1
Nitrate-0
Temp-79

I will be testing the Phosphates tomorrow to see what they are at as well and will update when i find out. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
How are your corals?
Run fresh carbon. Water change was good move.
If you checked your phosphates, what were they?

+1 on the lights, did you change lighting recently? Corals can get light-shock. Even changing your bulbs on a T5 or Halide can really shock certain corals.

dirtrider29

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
So I got a new salifert alk test kit and my alk is actually at 9.3. I also tested my phosphates and they are at 0.08. I am starting to think that from not changing my bulbs in over a year that that is what is causing my corals to not color up or open. I will be picking up new bulbs in the morning. Does anyonebreccomed what I should be going with? I was thinking about 4 blues, 1 white and a pink/purple.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: