JoeJawz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody. Ever since a while ago, my tank has been recovering from a crash. The tank is stable and well, and I am looking to get a replacement clean up crew. The last time I got it was from ReefCleaners.org as the last time I did, i was very happy. Now I am also aware those packs usually give more snails than necessary. So my question is, for a rectangular 75 gallon tank with a 2 inch deep sandbed, which pack should I get? Or if even from there.

Other info: about 45 pounds of rock. Moderate bioload. And no, i dont want crabs.

Thanks!

Last edited:

hclaveria

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I personally like the packages at Pacific East Aquaculture. I just bought a package for a 60 gallon cube and it was more than enough.

The prices are a bit more than ReefCleaners but you get more variety in the Crew.

If you want, start with a package for a 40 to 55 gallon and take it from there. It will all depend eventually how much fish you have, how much you feed and water quality.

JoeJawz

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water is great. I have a (small) sailfin tang, 6 line wrasse, pajama cardinal, and barrel goby. I feed very minimally. Also thanks. Ill check that place out!

hclaveria

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Here read this article:

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/2003/1/inverts

From what I have read, the risks of nuking are minimal in a reef tank. The cucumber has to be attacked or be severely stressed for it to release toxins. And I have read insistences that it has died and eaten by hermit crabs. Of course you won't have crabs but you get the idea, the risks are minimal.

Hopefully someone else can add their own experience.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: