Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I have a 35 gallons hexagon tank, is the second time a shrimp die on me both in hours. The first one i though i didnt left him in the dripping prosses for long enought so i decided to try again , i left the second one for about 3 hours. My parameters are fine salinity 1.025 nitrates 0ppm phospates 0.25ppm. I also have a esshop Hang on skimmer psk 75. Any suggestion? Thanks:thrash:

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
You can pick up a Poly Filter and see if it changes color while it removes any copper. Cleaner shrimp can be a pita to acclimate. I acclimate around 80 a week and very small salt gravity changes and they will keel over. Even though you are at 1.025 check what gravity they are being kept at where you bought them

scubajay

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I never drip acclimate fishes. I float the fish in the bag for 20 minutes or so and then I just pick fish up with net and drop in tank. This has always worked for me. I've never had a fish die on me using this process. Depending where your tank is located it's harder to drip acclimate in the winter as the room temperature is usually a bit colder than that of the water in the tank.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Any fish picking on them?
Within 15 minutes or so the temp is acclimated. Any longer is a waste.
Check the salt level of the salt in the bag. Adjusting more than 2 points per day will cause stress, with cleaner shrimp probably death.

theMeat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Depends how much difference in salinity. Can go faster with lowering the level. Check your meter, and check the store. Don't just ask. If you lost more than one somethings up. Inverts are more sensitive to salt changes, and can't tolerate low levels

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: