BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Welcome buddy looking good so far. none of us know what will come of our tanks in the future you'll fall in love with corals and then out of love. Buy , sell , trade , upgrade , quit, and start over. Its a hobby, addiction, and sickness. Wish you the best of luck lmk when your ready for some corals I've got some freebie frags for ya

Cbutkos

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Welcome buddy looking good so far. none of us know what will come of our tanks in the future you'll fall in love with corals and then out of love. Buy , sell , trade , upgrade , quit, and start over. Its a hobby, addiction, and sickness. Wish you the best of luck lmk when your ready for some corals I've got some freebie frags for ya
Thanks, ever since I started researching saltwater tanks I've felt that addiction, I find myself staying up way too late just pouring over threads trying to pick through all of the information out there. And thanks for the freebies, I've got an alk, ca, mag test kit coming so i just want to double check that I'm all good before adding anything decent, just out of curiosity what's on the menu for the frags?

duromega

Fish Hoarder
Staff member
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Stands are home made, I described it in the above post but I just looked back and I guess it wasn't that clear...it's 1/4" square steel rod, I made a square about the size of the light and then made diagonal legs to rest in the inner lip of the tank
d7e78e0bccca4cdef66f93751689c181.jpg

Be careful overtime with the saltcrep and rust
you don't want any rust to get in your tank
If this was my tank I wouldn't use any kind of metal on top of it

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs
Put as much time as you can researching, reading and you will have a beautiful reef in no time

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Those lights will do SPS just fine. If your ever looking to improve the spectrum you can either replace diodes or you can look at sbreeflights.com. They have a retro fit board that has a lot less warm white (which can contribute toward algae growth)

Anyway, the tank looks great and you're well on your way. Can't wait to see it packed!

Also take a look at the group Chinese Blackbox LED Proof Group on Facebook to see from others what these lights can do and for a lot of tips and good info.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: