infinity1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What?s up guys, I have a huge problem!!!! So my reef tank has been doing ok for the last year or so, but my issues lately is that every time I do a water change I have no pressure nor a drip to be honest going back into my sump. Tank is filled and my return pump runs dry cuz the lack of water coming back down to my sump. Unfortunately it?s 3am and I?m still awake cuz my pump has run dried 3 times since I did my water change. Is there a clog don?t seem like but I am somewhat a rookie to this. I?ve done many water changes never had an issue . Last 3 water changes the water returning back into sump has become less and less.

Rjukan

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Hi. I'm guessing it's not a drilled tank? What kind of overflow are you using? Wier style or tubes?

It's been a while since I had a non drilled tank with a sump, but I remember filling the display to the very brim, then starting the overflow siphon, then turn the return pump back on after you know the overflow is running again. What size is the tank?

infinity1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey it?s a drilled tank. That?s why I?m confused and frustrated. I was up till 4 am last night. Idk what happened but now there is minimum flow coming back into the sump. Atleast my return pump is not going dry.

infinity1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got home tonight from work and the pressure returning back to the sump was much better. I stopped the wavemaker to feed. I checked about 30 min later and it?s back to barely coming down. It has to be a clog somewhere. Just too busy with work etc. to start breaking down my plumbing. But it has the be done I guess.

infinity1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I?m filling my display tank and it reaches the top I see the water rushing into my sump and it does not seem like there is any kind of clog the water flows freely back into sump, but as soon as I stop the new water due to the tank being filled and the sumps levels being good it starts dripping down and all the force of the water basically disappearing. Then pump runs dry.

infinity1

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the return pump at its lowest pressure. It was never an issue till lately. I just don?t get it. At 9am the flow is great coming down into the sump and at noon it barely goes down. Drips back into the sump.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: