rich

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I have had a purple tang for a year in my reefer 250 and feel like he should go to a bigger tang and would like to sell him. Problem is I dont want to spend 70 bucks on a fish trap when I am going to sell him for less. Any ideas on how to catch him without taking down the tank? Thanks, Rich

Kworker

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
I have had a purple tang for a year in my reefer 250 and feel like he should go to a bigger tang and would like to sell him. Problem is I dont want to spend 70 bucks on a fish trap when I am going to sell him for less. Any ideas on how to catch him without taking down the tank? Thanks, Rich

You can make a trap out of eggcrate and zip ties with fishing tackle. I don?t have any pictures of one I made before I bought a trap. Just get creative

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
If you can?t get one from someone google soda bottle fish trap. I made one and was able to catch one of my tangs with it. You might have to not feed for a day or 2 before using it and will probably catch some other fish as well

grsfish

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
A regular 2 liter bottle. Cut it in half and then put a ziplock bag around it with a rubber and keeping it in place and make an ?x? like cut in the bag so they can get in and harder to get out and then don?t feed for a day or 2 and put their favorite food in it. I used a magnet cleaner inside the bottle to keep the bottle in place. My blue hippo. Sailfin and foxface all wet in. Just takes patience.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: