1QuickSubaru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi, My name is Alex. I'm pretty new to this hobby. I started with freshwater fish a few years ago and recently bought a 29gal Biocube to start and get my feet wet in Saltwater. Live sand will be in soon. Anyway, been cycling for about 3 days now and I'm so anxious to get "live" things in the tank. I know it takes time so i thought I would mess around with the aquascape.I cant seem to be in love with the current pics but any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Front View
ea2798e8.jpg

Left Side View
ea2798cd.jpg

Right Side View
ea2798b5.jpg

1QuickSubaru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
yea.... I just got this biocube cuz i'm gettin hooked on saltwater..... I have a 46 gallon bow front i'm going to change to saltwater but not anytime soon. Hows the rock work? Not to sure if its good but I think im going to bother rich and try to get his opinion....lol

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Welcome Alex. Gonna be tuff cleaning the glass with the rocks up against it. I use to put my rocks up against the glass for stability also, and cleaning was a tremendous chore. You might want to pull them away from the glass. Otherwise your on your way.

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Welcome to MR! Patience is key :wink1: It'll be full before you know it and give you more problems than you want :lol2:

I like the aquascape, but give i clearance from the glass for cleaning and make sure with the rock wall aquascape that when you add coral that the coral ontop of the structure isn't shading the lower coral. :wink1:

1QuickSubaru

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
thanks guys.... I mess with the aquascape again.... I also got live sand which i will put in soon. Will have pics later tonight! BTW it was very nice meeting you today Awibrandy!

Last edited:

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
DONT put any fish in yet! Its too soon give it at least 3 more weeks. Even though a clownfish is a hardy fish, it still can get stressed out and die. I dont think you a cruel little fellow that would want to do this to a little clown fishy. So wait! Your water is going to fluctuate a lot within the next few weeks the parameters might test OK today and tomorrow might be a different story since your tank is a new set up.

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
Even with that. You have to wait and let nature and chemistry take its course. But whateva you do is up to you. Its sad to see that you have field because of stupid mistakes. Then it might have you even thinking twice about the hobby. Just wait a few more weeks. Get a skimmer in there if you dont have one already.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
OMG do not use a clown fish to test your water, as marki said that is cruel to the fish. your water as it's cycling is toxic and not suitable for livestock. this was an old school method, we now know better.

this is what test kits are for.

what kind of rock did you use? was it "live" rock or was it dead / dry rock?
I"m asking because I want to know if you have anything in the water that will help the bacteria grow.

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
I would test the water first before adding anything. Its a horrible feeling putting in livestock only to see it die because the tank was not cycled. Test the water and post the parameters.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: