jag10016

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Ok fellas I haven't been skimming for the whole duration of my tanks life which is about 3 and a half months, i just bought my skimmer this SAT and set it in the sump ,, blah blah blah ,, it starts to skim very quick ( ASM KICKS ASS) after two days of skimming i have NEON GREEN SKIMMATE now from what i have seen every thing is dark brown to light brown. I had dark brown skimmate; cleaned my collection cup , to wake up this morning and find Neon green skimmate. Is it my wierdo tank or just a normal thing ? :eek::help:

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Researching why my skimmate was this neon green color and came upon this thread. Yes I noticed this thread is almost 4 years old. Am hoping there is some more people who can chime In to why and what. I have a reef octopus 5000int. Been working and producing brownish skimmate for the last 3 years. I've done nothing different. Did a water change. Cleaned out my sump before the water change. Cleaned out skimmer and Collection cup while the new salt water was being filled back into the sump. Turned skimmer back on and Checked it after running a full day and the skimmate color was neon bright green. First time ever. Only thing I did differnt was try new food. Krill.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I'm not sure but sounds like the krill. My first question to you would have been have you added or done anything different. If you don't have to feed krill at the moment stop and see if that was the cause if that's it i can't imagine the skimmer pulling it out for too long.

b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
Great minds think alike. I stopped feeding the krill just to see if that was/is it. I plan on doing another water change today after doing one on Monday. My nitrates were off the charts so I'm trying to bring them down in case anyone was wondering why. After water change and not feeding I will see what it looks like tomorrow.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: