Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
12 hours is the magic number.

No seriously. The time depends on varius factors. You need to detemine what is causing the brown algae and tackle it. Brown algae is just a side effect of some other issue (high phostphates, nitrates,flow dead spot,etc). Once you fix the root cause it should go away in a matter of days.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ive had it for week or some now..my tank is BRAND NEW like its 2 weeks old... i have 2 reg power heads and the my filter kinda has a power head isnt as strong but it works like one,, i think it could be my tap water.... or my friend put purple up in it..it kinda sucks my friend gave me about 15lbs of ruble for free i could ly it in the middle so its placed against the wall..witch i kinda dont mind cuz i cant clean the sides or the back away becuz of where iits at.. i can use a scaper for the back and thats it.. ... the rocks do ahv mayeb holes it in..

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
If I had to guess on this one without knowing the specifics of your setup i'd say a combintion of tap water and new tank cycle are the culprits.

Craig

120 Club Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
not necessarily

Here's my reccomendation. Stop using tap water and switch to RO water. Once you make the switch do a series of large water changes and run carbon.

Can you list the details of your setup and all your test results?

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tom aquarium rapid pro wet/dry skimmer(has a power head) 2 power heads and a heater..i had basic lights but i just got news ones froma guy for a 100 orbit lights

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sono1106.jpg

sono1107.jpg

sono1108.jpg

sono1105.jpg

sono1104.jpg

sono1103.jpg

sono1101.jpg

sono1098.jpg

sono1097.jpg

sono1099.jpg

sono1095.jpg

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Those fish shouldn't be in there just yet:tired: The tanks only two weeks old, you should have waited longer to get them in there.

Stop using the tap water and switch to Ro.Di or even distilled water for the time being. The algae is probably part of the cycle and it'll start to receed when you start doing WC's and your cycle is coming to an end. Don't forget use RO/DI

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: