duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i had a pretty bad run in with flatworms so i bought flatworm exit and used it a little while ago.i did everything it said to do on instructions.now it seems my conch snails which i havent seen in months have come out and hermits arent looking so great.i changed 20 gal of water put at least a pound of carbon in my system.any idea what could be going on

DevIouS

- Untitled -
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Last edited:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
when i put the corals in my setup i didnt dip them first.it was late and i was tired and i had to go to work the next day.i noticed flatworms in my setup 2 days later.i took out all my corals and dipped them which killed hundreds.i noticed a flatworm this morning on my leather.1 i might add.so i used the flatworm at 6:30.i syphoned 5 dead ones out.i did use the seio to sweep the rocks and didnt sweep any off the rock.i will try it again.this was a coral i purchased from a fellow reefer

Last edited:

SuRFeR BoY

BooSten Audi A4 -Aim
Rating - 100%
26   0   0
did you check the sump? when i had flat worms alot were in the sump ( glass, rock and macro algea) ... flat worm exit worked good for me.. how do your corals look? i think the toxins from the FW usually also effect your corals (?) not positive

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
didnt see any in the sump.all is well now.havent seen any fw and all my live stock is back to normal.like i said i killed most of them after dipping.then 1 week later i noticed 1.after i used the FWE i syphoned out 5.so i believe i am FW free

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: