Rating - 100%
21   0   0
With a wire?? Is this a test question for me? :lol2:

:funnypost I was thinking exactly the same thing!!!

I don't remember exactly, but I think that the wire to connect the ACjr. came with the AC Jr. It should look like a telephone cable.

Just remember when you are programming the ACJr that the ports on the DC8 are number 1-8 starting from the top left and running around clockwise.
so

1 2 3 4
8 7 6 5

(at least, that's the way mine is set up.)

So, if you name your MH "A01" then you need to plug it into the number 1 socket. If your chiller is A02" then you need to plug it into the number 2 socket, and so on. If you are daisy chaining the DC8s together, then each of the DC8s will have a distinct letter.

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
With a wire?? Is this a test question for me? :lol2:

How is it controlling your ph and temperature if you don't have a DC module connected?

Aren't the PH and temperature probes connected to the AC Jr. base? If I remember correctly they are two phone sockets on the base. Which one do I use? Or it doesn't matter?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
They are marked Crox..one is for the temp probe and the other is the one that goes to the DC8 module..that one is marked 'control'.
the PH probe has a different type of socket in the base unit.

Are you only viewing your temp & PH on the unit Crox..assuming you have assigned them no commands?

NYReef- if you downloaded the Aquanotes from Neptune, then yes you can program the unit on your computer since you have the serial port. You do not necessarily have to leave it hooked up to the computer afterwards. It remembers whatever programming you put into it.

That's how I will program mine...when I get around to it...and them move it back to the far side of the room. Lord knows I have too many wires in here now, not looking to add more!

Warren - lol, I bet your right about Pierces' bath water!

Pierce - will the new version of the software be usable on the Jr's?? Free??..my favorite price!! :)

crox99

Audi Sport
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
They are marked Crox..one is for the temp probe and the other is the one that goes to the DC8 module..that one is marked 'control'.
the PH probe has a different type of socket in the base unit.

Are you only viewing your temp & PH on the unit Crox..assuming you have assigned them no commands?

I am sorry but I meant 2 jacks on the DC8. Which one should I use? And you are correct I am only monoting my PH and temperature.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Crox, you should try reading the owner's manual, it shows which port is in and out on the DC8. (Or sell the unit and get something "simple").

BTW, I am pretty sure the DC8 plug layout is:
1-2-3-4
5-6-7-8

Kathy, yes, it will work with ACjr. The only bad part with the ACjr is you have to download the data every few days(or sooner, depending on how often you log the data) for the database to be useful. I would not keep the ACjr plugged in to the computer on a permanent bases, it has a known issue with ground loops causing ph reading to be off.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: