Zuska

Cherry Collector
Rating - 99.5%
430   2   0
Where is the best place to buy some clams. what was the site clamsdirect or somthing is that a good one??? wheres the best stores and web sites? or is anyone selling some clams?

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I have to agree with JP and Pilly

you need to wait a couple of years, clams are not all that easy to keep.

in the mean time read a good book :) James Fatheree, Giant Clams in the Sea and Aquarium.

Bob 1000

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'm going to have to agree...I got 3 clams at 1.5 inches from the wild and had them for a year thriving under pc's...But this was only through very low nirates and phosphates, not naturally but through the use of Methenol to perfection....When Everyone said I couldn't.....

Not everyone can keep clams...Especially small ones...But if you do..... You have to be on top of your game...

fali

need tank crash insurance
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
I thought clams were easy to keep? I have four croceas thriving under MHs. I also heard they feed on nitrates so you need some in your tank. Better to get the bigger ones(3+inches) cause the smaller ones rely on filter-food as well as light.

fali

need tank crash insurance
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Don't know if anyone mentioned this but lighting is one of the most important things for clams since they are primarily photosynthetic. Heres more info if interested.

http://www.reefcorner.com/clams.htm

I got my clams from fish town usa if anyone wanted to know. They told me 30mins is all is needed to acclimate. I didn't listen to them and acclimated them for 1 hr to 1 1/2 hr cause that sounded kind of strange.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: