meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe i will do that i havb fish in my tank..so i dont want to hurt them....also since im here. water changes im confused as hell....some people said do them now and some say wait a little longer...some say to mix and sit over night and some say to just mix and put it in.

thirty5

A Little Annoyed!
Rating - 96.6%
84   3   0
You can only remove the bioballs if you have LR. And even if you do, i would make sure that your tank is well cycled before you remove them. I ran mine for a while with LR and the bioballs before removing them. If you take out the bioballs and dont have cycled LR then your levels will skyrocket becuase you will not have a biological filter.

nycmat

nYo
Rating - 98.2%
55   1   0
bio balls help oxiginate water for FOWLR set ups. they are not bad. you do not have to worry about nitrates as much in a fish only set up. i had nitrates up to 70 with no fish deaths. if you are to remove them in a FOWLR set up then make sure you remove them slowly like the chief said. its always better to be safe then sorry. also once removing them i suggest making water changes to help prevent any unwanted spikes
thanks
matt

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: