jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
just installed new asm g2 where do i keep the water level for skimming at the top of the neck or do i let the water half way in the cup what do i do?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
asm

the water level ? you mean in the skimmer or amount and level it set's in ? if it is the level in the skimmer, i had mine about 2" below the main body, the bottle's will rise. you will have to dial it in. and how long has it been running ? it will take a few days for it to settle in. and also you using the gate valve mod ?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
asm

i would put tub as far down as it goes and let it run for a day and see where the bubbles are in the neck and move tube with sponge up according to get bubbles right below the neck of the cup maybe this helps its a modded asm g3
attachment.php

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
also water levels just need to be about an inch higher than the skimmer pump. Make sure your air tube is unobstructed. I think the valve mod is more of preference mod if you prefer using a valve to calibrate your skimmer then the mod should help you.. I prefer using the outlet pipe to calibrate.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
brand new its getting bubbles so i dont think its clogged but it just dont produce any foam 120 55 gallon sump rise off sump floor about 5 inches 8 fish my coarlife before this produced foam like crazy who long does in take to break in?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
skimmer

raise the neck of the outlet up high, the pipe with the sponge on it. do you have the airtube hooked up to the pump ? is it attached to the skimmer also ? pics would help

Davidl919

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I don't think you have to raise the skimmer unless the water levels are above the water outlet so if the outlet of the skimmer is under water you must raise it so that the outlet is unobstructed,that water must flow freely or it will create backflow, also Make sure the seal between the sedra pump and the skimmer chamber is a tight seal if for some reason it moved then you will get the results you just mentioned, if it still does not work try and post the pics.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: