akma

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I seem to be havin intense heating problems. How do you guys keep the heat down? With the glass cover and the hqi lights my temp was running about 89 degrees last night. All I have in there is rocks at the moment. I have an maxi 1200 running and I am running the stock pump in the tank. Could that be the problem? Any input is greatly appreciated.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
ap

i have the current 150w mh and my temps have been around 85 with it on and 79 with out, i have a fan blowing straight on the tank and have been putting ice packs in my sump to try and help. decided i am buying a chiller :grumpy:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I have a 24g aquapod. 250W HQI light. No glass top, but my controller is set so that if the temp of the tank goes above 81 degrees it turns off the lights. Also at 80 it turns on a fan that blows directly on the surface of the water. My lights are on for a total of 7 hours.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
heat

ok i have a desktop fan that i put right beside the tank and at the height of the light with it blowing directly at area between light and tank, temp has stayed at 78 degree's since then. fan = $10 = cooler tank = happier corals = less stress for me :redface:

OctaviousMonk

Sucka Free Reefin' !!!
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Also the stock pump and the MJ1200 put out considerable heat. Try replacing them both with MJ900's or something else to cut on some heat and elictrical use.

-2 mj900's use less electricity, make less heat and put out more flow then 1 mj1200

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: