o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
i have a 50g refugium that is just housing chatoe and some LR. its getting pretty low flow around 300gph. i am getting surface film pretty bad, and i think a powerhead would get all clogged with chatoe. is there something else i could do?

and a pic cause i got a new camera.
DSCN0131.jpg

vanceny

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Where's the drain on the refugium? It should be able to take care of the film if its at the waterline. Otherwise you could diy an internal overflow box to help with it. You could also make a spray bar for the water that enters the refugium to break up the scum.

o0jmadr0x0o

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
you can see the drain in the pic. it is not below the water line, it has a strainer on it, sould i remove it?

also a pretty unrelated issue is the GF wants to put a puffer in the fuge, is it a bad idea?

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Fuge

i have my fug set up as a remote fug and dsb. it is a few inches higher than sump, a small ph pumps water into it up to bulkhead level and all the top water is drained off back into sump, will try to get a picture
attachment.php

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: