jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
here are some new oics with my new asm g2 skimmer it been running for a month did the mesh wheel upgrade.i have not empted it yet is this normal for a month.i put it up on a crate to see if i get mor foam no good there. i have rised the tube i just get water in it .i dont know if this is normal.tank specs 120 with 55 sump 7 fish about 18 sps coral frags lots of zoos some brain coarls and 17 mushrooms for the load i think i should get more foam. what do you think?thanks for any help jeremy

Attachments

• skimmer 001.JPG
    skimmer 001.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 217
  • skimmer 002.JPG
    skimmer 002.JPG
    151.3 KB · Views: 219
  • skimmer 003.JPG
    skimmer 003.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 220
  • skimmer 004.JPG
    skimmer 004.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 219
  • skimmer 005.JPG
    skimmer 005.JPG
    164.2 KB · Views: 220

jag10016

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
CLean your collection cup and try to get the water flow close to the top with out overflowing. I suggest The Gate valve Mod youl love the skimmer alot more with it.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Maybe I should pay better attention to what is actually written before I write, duh???? If your fish are smaller and you keep your water clean that is not unreasonable.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
how far should the skimmer be in the water.no valve on the air line i what to do the gate valve but can i put the valve strait up or does it have to be on the side of the tube.pics will help thanks jeremy

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
skimmer

is that all you got after running for a month or has it been emptied at all ? also where in relations is the skimmer in the sump compared to the drain line ? and i suggest the gate valve mod as well, i use to get that amount a week in my asm3 gate valve and mesh mod, also i shortened my air line tubing to pull a little more air. or so it seemed too

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
the skimmer is in the same section as the 2 drains.this is what i got in one month with the skimmer set so the foam is at the top of the cup i am going to do the gate valve this weekend and thinking about the recirculating mod too but were di i get the seals for it and how many gph do i have to feed it now.

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
do you think i can open the air hole a little and put a valve on it.or go with a bigger pump to get more foam.what do you think the skimmer in the sump should be at its about 9 inche of water now.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
skimmer

i wouldnt raise the skimmer i had mine sitting in the sump not raised. i myself had cut the airline down to the lenght to where 1" stuck out of the holding bracket. with the gate valve you can dial the skimmer in, dont use a ball valve doesnt do as good of a job

jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
ok going to try it this week end and cut thge airline now keep you posted on how i made out thanks for your help nyreefnoob jeremy

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: