Votes: 4 25.0%
  • When ever I get a chance

Votes: 10 62.5%

• Total voters

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
As title states, Im curious when everyone adds phytoplankton and/or zooplankton. This is not a question of how often, but about what time of Day/Night.

I add Zoomax/Phytomax/Chromamax in proper amounts every 3rd day(1 of them per day). I ADD AT NIGHT, which also happens to be my tank's night(My assumption here is that most corals "feed" at night, thus, by adding at this time the corals can benefit the most from this.

What is your take?
What do you add, and how often?
Reasons for using products(Other than normal/mainstream)

Last edited:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
John aka Drunktank,
Can I use rod's food to replace everything I feed my tank?
I usually do on some what of a rotating schedule, I WILL KEEP FEEDING CYCLOPEEZE
Mysis
pellet for clowns/basslet
articpods
squid(for corals/invertes/basslet/clowns)
OR IS THIS JUST ANOTHER FOOD SOURCE IN THE CYCLE?

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I need to get selcon, seems like everyone says thatis good.

AND SERIOUSLY, 96 views and 6 people voted? Is that all that use stuff, or are you all lazy?
I understand lazy, I am. But Not adding stuff, am I crazy?

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If you are interested in properly feeding your SPS corals (do you have any?), you should look at the "italian blue coral method" thread, and any of shaun's posts about the necessity of amino acids for coral growth and color. Otherwise, most LPS will eat cyclopeez and mysis.

basiab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
117   0   0
Seems to be what most experts say as far as adding supplements. But feeding may be different. Feeding certain corals at night seems to make sense. I have mostly candy canes and they do fine without any special feeding. But those who do feed them say they grow a lot more. And they generally only feed them once a week.

krak256

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
really? no one feeds phytoplankton to their zoas or LPS? I just started the hobby... i feel like i've been had. i usually feed every 2 days when i get back from home.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: