Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
why is every one beating him up over something so silly? the fish at petco need to be saved by somebody! and im his cousin and i visit him every weekend and there are no lfs's around where he lives and if there is, its gonna be us starting our business as we speek. it was an experiment and i stand by it and he has a skimmer and he has good water quality. ive seen worse people with pc with sps in their tanks and 10 fish in a ten gallon, people with manderins in a five gallon tank. please, i invted him here and i gave him the idea. he with no reef sin cast the first stone. thats right everyone has done trail and error and everyone has tried to be a chemist and no one is perfect. i know i havent been the best reef hobbiest but i go out of my way to take care of my fish and coral. hes doing water changes every other day and he calls me for advice and we talk on an every day basis about his tanks. :tongue1:

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
why is every one beating him up over something so silly? the fish at petco need to be saved by somebody! and im his cousin and i visit him every weekend and there are no lfs's around where he lives and if there is, its gonna be us starting our business as we speek. it was an experiment and i stand by it and he has a skimmer and he has good water quality. ive seen worse people with pc with sps in their tanks and 10 fish in a ten gallon, people with manderins in a five gallon tank. please, i invted him here and i gave him the idea. he with no reef sin cast the first stone. thats right everyone has done trail and error and everyone has tried to be a chemist and no one is perfect. i know i havent been the best reef hobbiest but i go out of my way to take care of my fish and coral. hes doing water changes every other day and he calls me for advice and we talk on an every day basis about his tanks. :tongue1:
just because you think you've seen worse doesn't mean its not animal abuse :irked:

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Right now I am cycling the tank I used LR, LS, Nutra-SeaWater and a homemade skimmer. Last night I checked the water after running t for about 15 hours and everything was good today I put in one very small Damselfish and he seems happy (Thank God)
DS:Hydrogen:

You wrote this April 6th. You state that after running it for 15 hours that everything was good. :eek: and you added a very small damselfish.

Now you're saying that the tank was cycled:

And as far as the tank being cycled, it was. What makes you think that the tank was not cycled just becuase I said that I wanted to make the LR, LS and water stronger.
DS:tub:

You ask everyone to read the entire thread before castigating you and saying you're doing things wrong. Well I have read the entire thread and you contradict yourself. Which statement are we to believe? The first one that says you're cycling your tank and it is done after 15 hrs, or the second one that states the tank was cycled already?

Enlighten me..............

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
The fish at petco need to be saved by somebody!

You see this is part of the problem. If every fish in Petco was "saved" that would just be called business, and would not encourage them to stop selling fish they obviously cannot care for. Especially with the advice they give you about putting in a fish to make a cycle "stronger".

tosiek

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
can this madness stop? Close the thread already, its already overboard. At least change the thread title to " The Drama Thread" if people wanna keep at it and throw it in the nudibar.

Why does noone like criticism? You showed your tank, now there is 9 pages of people who don't agree with what you did as well as people who liked things about your tank and you getting mad and arguing back. You asked for advice and got it, and apparently you didnt want to hear it so why post? Every page is the same story except with different words. People need to stop responding. Id rather see another cyano or ich thread.

pclittlereefcreations

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are your water readings today? I am especially interested in the nitrite reading.

Well the reading stands about the same.

Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-a little lighter then last night. Between 0 and 20
Alk-300
PH-8.4

I gave it a 10% water change about 3:00pm and all seem the same, little guy looks happy he even posed for pictures and normal breathing and not
afraid of people movement and fed very good.

Daily Report, Over and Out. Scotty beam me up. Cheese Whizzzzzzzzzzz

DS :shhh: the baby fish is sleeping

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
You wrote this April 6th. You state that after running it for 15 hours that everything was good. :eek: and you added a very small damselfish.

Now you're saying that the tank was cycled:

You ask everyone to read the entire thread before castigating you and saying you're doing things wrong. Well I have read the entire thread and you contradict yourself. Which statement are we to believe? The first one that says you're cycling your tank and it is done after 15 hrs, or the second one that states the tank was cycled already?

Enlighten me..............

the water came from an existing tank. he jest added new water tothe cycled water and let it sit for 15 hours so everything can get settled and then he added the fish.

just lock the thread mods so no one can get banned

medicineman

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the water came from an existing tank. he jest added new water tothe cycled water and let it sit for 15 hours so everything can get settled and then he added the fish.

just lock the thread mods so no one can get banned

Google is amazing. People are just trying to help you avoid some common mistakes and properly care for your animals.

http://fishinsects.suite101.com/article.cfm/cycling_a_new_marine_aquarium

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/bionitrogencycle/a/aa073199.htm

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/bionitrogencycle/a/aa051203.htm

http://saltaquarium.about.com/od/startinganaquarium/tp/topmistakes.htm

Water from existing tank is fine, but the bacteria that take part in the nitrogen cycle take time to get established and reproduce. These bacteria reside in the filter, gravel bed and live rock. taking water from a cycled tank does not mean that whatever tank you put that water into is cycled.

This site has alot of info in the form of articles, book suggestions and "how to" guides. take your time and don't rush in.

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
He is just trying to get a little rise out of you folks and the folks on RC
Thank you very much Inked. Enlightening links.
I had the same issues with a supposedly FW hobbyist a while back who was obviously posting nonsense as he apparently had nothing else to do with his time. So sad. Ironically enough he'd also moved from Brooklyn to PA.

I could simply have closed this thread as it has clearly run it's couse. Instead I will leave you with this quote from a post that was made on 4/9/08 at 5:59 PM by 'SwimSwimDiego' who is obviously 'pclittlereefcreations'.
To come clean, I started up a one gallon tank, after it was cycled I put in a very very small Damsel to make the water ready for a Clown fish and I ask another forum and this one for help picking a Clown after I had put the Damsel in the tank. And all hell broke loose, I was told to bring that Damsel back to the store if I didn't know what I was doing. My mistake was that I put a Damsel in the one gallon tank before I asked the question, but that damsel is not going to be their for long, I wanted a Clown fish and they though I was crazy to even think that, the argument is still going on, and I don't think they are wrong, I just thought that there was a Clown that would do well in a small tank. So the Clown goby you say is good for a small tank, well I was told that NO FISH IS GOOD IN A SMALL TANK UNDER FIVE GALLONS. So I am going to turn that tank into a Reef Tank.

You are wrong pclittlereefcreations, the argument here is over.
Thread closed.

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
celb (14).gif
Kathy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: