Mario

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my 26 gallon bowfront, is 9 clams too many or is the sibtuation just dependant on space/lighting? I love the things but have to stop myself from bidding on ebay for them.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
Only too many if they can't fit and/or you can't keep up with the alk/ca.
Its the same question as "how many corals is too much in a tank?" When you can't stock anymore and they start killing each other ofcourse

Mario

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow!i wanna see some pics of you tank!

Here is a pic...bad pic I know..there are a total of 9 clams, 1 teardrop gold, 1 squamosa blue and 7 crocea various colors. The grow rather large from what I have noticed since I started with the first one over 2.5 years ago. The literature says they dont, but hey......
Got all from ebay

Attachments

• P7200004.jpg
    P7200004.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:

Mario

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only too many if they can't fit and/or you can't keep up with the alk/ca.
Its the same question as "how many corals is too much in a tank?" When you can't stock anymore and they start killing each other ofcourse

Well the clams seem pretty inocuous I would say and dont seem to harm anything else other tah sitting pretty. I use alk/ca but not too good on doing that continually. However I do do water changes of 5G every two weeks however. The RO water made the biggest difference besides the hang on the back refugium.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: