tonep

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have a 24 G nano cube and I am looking to get a larger tank.
I live in an apartment and I am concerned about it leaking.
Does anyone have any expeience with tanks with built-in filters like Seaclear System ll or Truvu Aquasytems?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I have no experience with either and can't say I've noticed either of these tanks used here by members. They both seem more appropriate for a FW set up. One offers no lighting and the other only standard florescent lighting that limits the choice of corals you can keep.

There are some comments by people who have purchased SeaClear system on this link - look down toward the bottom of the page
http://www.petco.com/shop/product.a...pla=SeaClear&cm_ite=897825&CAWELAID=201375583

Regarding the Truvu..according to the site you'd have to purchase a 'blank hood' to be used with this tank and install your own lighting in it. IMO I'd avoid a company selling an all-in-one that doesn't even offer lighting for a reef tank set up.

jrobbins

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
95   0   0
a friend of mine has a clear for life uniquarium. its ok, but has the same limitations as any nano, ie. hard to get a skimmer in the back, a pain in the ass to modify, and it's pretty expensive for what it is.

the one area where i disagree with Kathy is regarding the lights. most people i know who have nano's have ditched the stock lights and/or have done extensive mods to the hood. It might be better (if not exactly cheaper) to just get an empty hood where you can choose your lighting based on what you want to keep.

just my 2 cents :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: