da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Recently my alkalinity has dropped from 9.7 to 7.8 then down to 3.5 with in one week. I use the two part bionic daily recommended dose. I used the seachem alk power for one week and it has only come up to 5.6. I have now started the seachem liquid alk and and today is day three and the max alk is 6.0. I cant get it to go up to 10-11. And recommendations. Just did a 15% water change on Sat and no difference.

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Calcium was around 420. I dont have a mag test yet, nor do i add any mag . Also that artical is very helpful but i do have one more question. I dont want to shock the tank with bring the dkh up to fast. So if its 6.0 now and im shooting for 10ish. What is a safe way. 1 dkh a day??

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Ok so my ph was 8.3 calcium 435 and the alk was 8.0 last night i added 5.5 teaspons (33 grams/ 115 gal)(6 grams a teaspoon) of baking soda into my 105 gal tank with 10 gal sump and the alk went up to 12.6 dkh at 8 pm last night. This morning i checked the alk at 830 and it was down to 11.2. I added my usual two part alk and caluim mix and will re test and post the new alk tonight. I will also retest my ph to see if the baking soda effected it at all. Hope this helps anyone that has the same problem

da5speed

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
This morning at 8am my ph was still at 8.3 and the alk dropped again to 9.8. I think my calcium level is high then what i thought it was (420). I think its above 500. I have the Reef Master test kit and it says to keep adding the drops till it turns blue and every drop is 15 cal. But i got up to 35 drops which brings it above 500 and it still didnt turn blue.
I gotta get to my local pet store and have them double check me with there test kits. And ill try to get the mag test also.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: