Mario

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 9 clams, three brain (open), one closed brain,soft corals,assorted coral, one shrimp, three small fish in a 26 gallon bowfront.

I have little or no copepods, little algae since switching to an RO unit.
HOWEVER, I feel that using the RO unit water, there is a decrease in assorted 'critters' which I had a lot before.

What kind of feeding does a tank like this need? (other than once every 3 days a small pinch of flake food-prime reef for the fish)?

pic below from before RO (6 months ago)

Attachments

• P1160145.jpg
    P1160145.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 226

Mario

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mix formula 1 pellets and prime reef flakes and feed that every 2 days to my tank. I stick a drop or 2 of garlic on it every 3rd feeding to help with immune systems.

Thanks. I meant what do feed the reef not the fish..sorry about the confusion.....I have no pods or micro-worms etc recently since I got the RO water...;)
Phtoplankton, zoo plancton etc?????

Reefsaint

Reefmonkey on my back!
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Why dont you try the online thing?? Big al's thatpetplace or dr fosters?? I like it a whole lot better than lfs. they have wider selections! The price difference almost always makes up for the delivery charges!
I usually go to the lfs only when i want to get live stock!

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
REEF CHILLI - Found on Ebay
TWO LITTLE FISHIES- Phoytoplan ask any MR vendor
Cyclop-eeze- ask any MR vendor

PS most venders will ship JUST ASK LOL

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: