JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
After monitoring his behavior a little more I really think he needs a new shell...any suggestions on where I can get locally (NYC or Westcheser)? There are some neat places online but it's not worth the time or cost of shipping! I appreciate the help.

georgelc86

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
They are strong little basterds I would be to worried about that. The hermit will know whats good. If it doesnt like the shell it might go back to the original one. See if you can find a shell a little bit smaller than the one you bought and see what happens. Hopefully this will stop all the attacks on the snails. Good luck Jonny.

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Ahhh hopefully a more peaceful tank...hopefully. Good luck on your quest on finding the right fit. You never know, you might have to buy 3-4 just to get it right....but then again they don't cost anything...

JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Ah they cost me something, but it's nothing in comparison to the money lost on dead livestock a week ago haha. At least I can laugh. I put another one in there that seems to be a better fit, hopefully he'll hop in. He will probably have to go eventually anyway :(. I'd be worried about him with softies or ANYTHING with meat!

JonnyIce

Used as bait
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Unfortunately I dont have a fuge in my biocube...I have the Tunze skimmer in chamber 2, looks like he's gonna have to be donated to a find MRer.
This is him in his oversized Darth Vaderesque shell trying to find some remnants in the snail shell:
2833809743_03d94ee8f2.jpg

This is him and his selection of shells hahah
2833809749_f819d0a513.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: