sgurba

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I have a tank running for about 8 months, all is going well, but I started getting grassy like algae on my live rock. Someone told me maybe it was too much light

I do have timing on for 8hrs a day and the tank is near the window.

I have been watching the feedings and do have a phosban, but I am wondering if there are other animals that eat this stuff. I would rather not go the chemical route and rather go live animal.. any thoughts out there

-Scott

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If you could provide a picture it would help, but it sounds like hair algae. If your tank is buy a window, that could do it.

What are your levels?

Also, there are things that will eat the algae off of your rocks. You could try a sea hare or some large turbo snails. Depending on how large your tank is, you could also get an algae blenny or a tang.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
If it is bryopsis, the magnesium trick supposedly will work, though I read a couple of threads on reef central about this where for some people it did more harm than good.

You'll need to give us a picture or find a picture on the internet for us to help you better.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: