DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
hey everyone. So I the tank arrived broken from Fosters and Smith for a third time so I took the plunge and went to LFS and got JBJ 28 Gallon 150 HQI. Put the stand together and that is all. I have my rock in a tub with water and sand in the bags. Question is do I want the rock in the two large pieces or can I break it up? If i break it up what affect does that have on the curing process as it is mostly cured. Also do I put the sand in first then water or what?
I have a **** load of sand, two kinds. Fiji pink and then some other nice stuff i forget off top of my head.
I am very excited but want to make sure I do this all correctly

Matt

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Someone, haha.
I am not sure what order to add things and wanna get started. Been waiting months and yet with all the reading I have done I cant even answer my own stupid basic questions
WTF

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't see any problems with breaking the rock. If anything you will have a bunch of pieces falling off for some time. I added my sand first, then water, then burried the lr in the sand for stability. Any way you do it your tank is going to become cloudy and probably go through a cycle(length dependant on what you are stocking the base with).

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
So I added 40 lbs of Bahamas Oolite Sand and it comes with this lil packet called bio magnet clarifier, do i use this or no?
Have extra bag of 20 lb fiji pink but think that be too much
once learn how to post pics im on it
someone able to explain how to create my own tank thread?

nanchil

Crawling Reefer.
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Adding Pic: click the "Go Advanced" at the bottom of the thread and attach your pic.

Your own tank thread: Click on "Forum" select "Tank Threads" and click "New Thread"

Last edited:

DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Fuzzy water but will calm down, check out my rock in front looks like chicken leg

chicken leg in front
hahaha

Attachments

• -Device Memory-home-user-pictures-IMG00187.jpg
    -Device Memory-home-user-pictures-IMG00187.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 91

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: