Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
I thought I would start a discussion about the benefits and differences between RO and RO/DI for our members needing a little assistance in this area. So please contribute as much as you can and also include any experience you have had personally.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i personally do not use a DI, i plumbed my RO under my sink and hooked it up to a Kohler bar faucet. i use the RO for drinking water as well as the tank. i have tested PO with a DI and without and the results were 0 with the DI and .01 without......not worth the extra expense and work Imo. i have running my RO this way for 3yrs and have had no issues within my tank.

Mario

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought I would start a discussion about the benefits and differences between RO and RO/DI for our members needing a little assistance in this area. So please contribute as much as you can and also include any experience you have had personally.

Is there a difference between the two? I have a unit with both..but seem to be having a problem now...

The water now after 6 months when salt is added has zero alkalinity!!
How is that possible?

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My tds out of my ro on new filters is .01 and out of my di it's .00. Not bad. either way, but I like nothing.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Guys this is a discussion...........................so discuss :lol2:

SNL190.jpg

jck16

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Since I'm planning on getting a RO/DI filter soon, I've been reading a lot about them. It seems like the RO part is sufficient enough for people on a budget, but the DI part is what really makes the water 100% pure, capturing things like remaining phosphates, as Zanymaster said. I'd imagine that the times when having the extra DI part would be really beneficial would be if people are keeping sensitive corals or are dealing with a serious algae outbreak or are keeping a nano reef. I've personally decided to try to spend the extra money for a RO/DI instead of just RO because I want to see if I can avoid the minor diatom outbreak that happened when I was using just RO water for my previous tank. But, I'm sure I could do fine with just RO too.

That's just my 2 cents anyway.

emmanuel

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I've been using just ro for 6 years with no problems I recently bought an add on di and a tds meter checked ro with 4-5 month old filters it had 4 tds checked with di it had 0 do I see any differense in my tank the past 3 months with di I cant say I do but my tank looked great before the di

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: