hediki12

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hey there im planning on doing a 5g nano tank umm just live rock and 2 fishes with a few inverts. i will gradualy add corals but just till i get more money ill just leave it with a cuc and some inverts and 2 small fishes. now i was just wondering what are some small fishes, i mean smallest of damsels, gobys, fire fish. heres my list

fish:
yellow tailed damsel
domino damsel
black and gold damsel
shrimpgoby yellow watchman
shrimpgoby orange spotted
firefish goby
just need to know which are more compatible with each other.

inverts:
1 cleaner clam
1 emerald crab
1 Halloween hermit
2 other hermits
1-2 feather dusters
1 caramel back shrimp
1 cleaner shrimp
5 turbo snails

wow... what a list lol but i have a 10g tank but it has a crack at the bottom so im just gonna stick with the 5g(should i do buy a 10g or can i fix it?) now i just want 2 fishes dont want to overcrowd the swimming room. and are there too many inverts? i also do plan on adding corals as time goes on, but for now fish/inverts and live rocks only other thank what ever springs out of the lr.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
no to
yellow tailed damsel
domino damsel
black and gold damsel
you might get away with a goby or 2 of the same species at most, a 5g tank is going to be hard to maintain though and no to the camel shrimp

SaltyFlip

Percula Agent
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
yea your best bet on a 5g tank is one or two (at most) gobies with a cleaner shrimp. You might end up having trouble with more than that unless the fish you pick are not territorial/aggressive and you're vigilant on water changes. I had a damsel on a 12 gallon and even in that it was aggressive...t'was about 2.5 inches in length.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: