Acerone

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello everyone from Long Island "Holbrook"

Chris

I have a 29g BC coming this week and I was wondering if my list of stuff I ordered are ok..

Here's what I plan on ordering...

CD-12986 Arag-Alive Special Grade
CD-14035 Portable Refractometer 0-100 ppt salinity and 1.000-1.070 specific gravity
CD-18711 Stealth Heater 75W
CD-18773 Thermometer 2-1/4" x 1-1/2"
CD-21276 Tropic Marin Sea Salts Pro-Reef or CD-27331 Coral Pro Salt 55 gallons
CD-29129 Koralia Water Circulation Pumps Pump 2
and Buckets

Am I missing anything? I have to find live sand and rocks and I may go with the Fiji rocks. Also will distilled water do?

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Looking good so far.
No need to buy live sand. Get the dry sand on your list and let it become live while you are curing your own live rock and then cycling your tank.

Don't forget the test kits ( you'll need some of them for testing during your cycle) Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate. The Ca, Alk & Mg kits can wait a little while.
What are you doing for a skimmer?

With a 29g tank you're going to have to be buying an awful lot of distilled water! Best move is to purchase a ro/di unit and make your life a lot easier :) It is one of the most important pieces of equipment you can buy.

There have been quite a few on the For Sale Forum lately for ro/di units and live rock.
Best of luck to you!

Rating - 100%
52   0   0
i agree. testing kits, and ro/di unit. i used to buy distilled water from the grocery store for my old 29 gallon and it was a pain in the butt. the ro/di unit pays for itself very soon in $ and sweat. maybe also considering buying some filter media (carbon or chemipure). i like to have some of that around just in case

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Can you recommend a test kit.

Also would a countertop ro/di unit work? These are the same kind that can be use for drinking water correct?

Congrats on the rodi! :)

Test kits...Salifert and Elos are both very good brands for the Ca Alk & Mg kits.
For Ammonia, Nitrites & Nitrates AP (Aquarium Pharmaceuticals) are fine. (though some may not agree with me...lol)

Acerone

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update.... It's here.. Only 3 days old...

Attachments

• IMG_0687.jpg
    IMG_0687.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 123

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: