DrCooper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey guys, so got first few frags today and they are great.
Problem is one zoa frag broke off the stone base so is free floating and wont stay put from flow. What do i do? I put it in the rock so it doesnt blow around so this may work, if not do i get that epoxy stuff?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You need to get superglue in a Gel formula and glue the zoa back onto a rock. Epoxy isn't a glue and won't hokd a zoa.

Put a little on the bottom of the zoa, attach the zoa to the rock and twist it gently back and forth a little and immediately get it into water (the glue gets very warm when it is curing)
It needs to be glued since they contract & expand when opening & closing, it will dislodge itself from the rock you stuck it in.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
go to any store that would sell super glue and buy super glue GEL i get mine from cvs home depot ANYWHERE lol as long as it has cyanoacrylate

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
You need to get superglue in a Gel formula and glue the zoa back onto a rock. Epoxy isn't a glue and won't hokd a zoa.

Put a little on the bottom of the zoa, attach the zoa to the rock and twist it gently back and forth a little and immediately get it into water (the glue gets very warm when it is curing)
It needs to be glued since they contract & expand when opening & closing, it will dislodge itself from the rock you stuck it in.
What if taking the rock out of the tank is not possible without dimantling anything. What do i do . Is there another way to glue it while under water. I dont have any of my corals glued down.
Just Wondering

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Chemchef, I rarely glue things out of the tank.
Assuming you have preattched the frag to a small piece of rock rubble (or it could be on a disc), use a papertowel to wipe the dripping water off the portion of the frag (the rock part) you are gluing, add the glue and put into the tank immediatley. Twist the frag back and forth a bit and it should stick with no issue. If it doesn't stick the first time, add a little extra glue on top of what you already have on there and try again. :)

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had a rock of zoas that broke off pieces. I glued what I could manage to a piece of rubble no problem. There are still others that are still floating around, and have even attached in places for around 3 months now.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: