stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Hospital/Quarantine tank HELP!!!

I'm looking to start up a hospital/quarantine tank. A few of my fish got marine ich. I want use the tank as a hospital tank at first, then as a quarantine tank after I deal with the ich. I need your suggestions on a proper set-up. Thanks.

Last edited:

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
My tank is a 72 Gallon Bow front reef tank with many corals, and 120 lbs. of Live Rock . I have 2 wrasses, 1 Fox Face, 1 Scooter Blenny, 2 Ocellarus Clowns, 1 Potters Angel, and 2 diamond Gobies. All the fish are eating well. They seem normal, except for the cycle of white dots on them off and on. I soak their food with garlic at every feeding. My parameters are fine.

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
let them be

try a cleaner shrimp or neon goby I would destroy a set reef to catch fish that are eaing

Stick with the garlic soak food in Zoe and add a few drops of vitamin C and they should be able to KICK the ICH lol

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
what foods are you feeding?

Mysis, spurlina brine shrimp,cyclop-eeze,spurlina flakes,prime reef flakes,fromula 1&2 flakes and other food is what I feed my fish they eat well or at least I'd like to think so

stoneriff

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I have a cleaner shrimp, a blood shrimp, and a peppermint shrimp. I feed a mixture I make at home of mysis, brine, squid, cyclopeze, garlic, and occasionally Zoe. I also give them prime reef flakes. I also give my Fox face some nori three times a week. They eat better than I do.:tongue1:

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
i think the question is how to start a qt tank.everyone should have one.this is how i hooked my qt tank up.its 20 gal with 10 gal sump.i have a small skimmer and some carbon.i use a pc light fixture,no substrate ,couple pieces of pvc fittings so fish can hide so they have no stress a heater and i blacked the bottom of the tank .i feel that also gives them less stress make them feel secure.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: