boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So I received my eco rox a few weeks ago and have been cooking them since. I started with some mixed ro/di salt water in a plastic bin. I also added some waste water from my tank after doing a water change to bring in some bacteria and have done a few water changes. I also added a few pieces of live rock rubble just recently.

All I have is some carbon and a small pump for circulation creating air bubbles too. I measured last night and my nitrites were through the roof. There are actually some surviving pods from the live rock I added though. Without a skimmer, will my rocks be cure?

Deep Dive Coral

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
that's part of the process ammonia will sky rocket first then come down. Then the nitrites will sky rocket and then come down. Then the nitrates will go up and then come down. When the nitrATES come down then you are all cured. Takes about 3 weeks depending on the rock.

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nice. I see soo many people use a skimmer so I just thought my rock would never cure with only a power head. Thanks a lot. I can't wait to redesign my rock work.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: