boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
During the recent hot months my tank stayed around a constant 79-80 sometimes dipping to 78 with the chiller. Recently it has been more like upper 77-79.

Nothing else has changed and all my parameters are good, but I'm noticing that my xenia are acting quite different. Not as lively and active, though they are still pumping. All other fish and corals seem okay. Could it be the temperature difference of late?

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So which is it? I have to believe that it is the temperature as that has been the only change.

I have two colonies of xenia that came from different frags and they are both acting the same. Instead of looking really plump they are thinner but still pumping. I've seen it happen for short periods of time, but now it's been a few days like that.

Pareef

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen the same temp drop in my tank and just like you I noticed things just didnt look as full I inched the temps back up to 80 and things are looking better give it a try and see how they do (SLOWLY)

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ideally I'd like to keep my tank around 78 during the cooler times and 80 during the hot times. It doesn't seem like much but I've noticed that range tends to keep my heater and chiller both running less. Plus it will give me room for error in temperature swings if I had some sort of outage.

I'll monitor but I'm sure after a while everything will come back around. The change hasn't been dramatic but rather worked its way from a steady 80 to a steady 78 over the past few weeks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: