BFITZ06

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
im going out to the eastend this weekend and i hear that aqua hut is a good place to check out ,but i have no idea where it is .think its in riverhead ? anyone know how to get there from the l.i.e.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Aqua Hut is better on fish than corals IMO. Just so you know. Another place to try is Suffolk County Fish and Reef. They have a better selection than Aqua Hut but Aqua Hut has better pricing. SCFF is off of Exit 59 on the LIE. You can probably visit both places. If you haven't been to Country Critters its a nice place to LOOK. One of the more expensive places though. CC is located at Exit 64 on the LIE as well except south from the LIE while Aqua Hut is North of the LIE.

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Aquahut has the best prices hands down but a.) there are NO prices on the tanks so you have to ask a salesperson ( they are not always helpful or consistent and if you dont spend a chunk of change your first time, dont bother asking for help your second time there ) and b.) its hit or miss with their livestock - about 30% of the fish I bought there died in quarantine so I dont know if that negates the discounted prices. Also the fish tend to go quick so if you are looking for something that is sought after by others, you'll be forced to buy it pretty much right out of the bag. Suffolk County Reef has higher prices but their tanks are all marked with prices, they sell frags now, and their live stock tends to be in better condition along with more helpful salespeople. Check them both out if you have a chance.

Edit in response to the next post: I have to agree that Don is fair and helpful, and generally nice to work with. Its a couple of the other guys who work there with whom I ( and quite a few others I know ) have had the bad experience with.

Last edited:

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Aquahut typically gets there shipments in on Fridays. This Friday they have one coming in, was in there this week on Tuesday and the tanks are pretty bare as far as fish are concerned. Corals, they don't have much but some and from my experiences their pricing is fair.. though I may be bias as we have shopped there for the past 9 years.

Dry goods no question their prices are more than fair and are all clearly marked.

Personally we've never had a bad experience there and Don has been more than fair in replacing anything that we had a problem with in an immediate time frame(losing something day after its homecoming or something like that)--I've yet to have an experience like that anyplace else on the island, and the occurance of something like that has been slim to none considering the time frame we've been shopping there to the things we've lost over the years in comparison to Aqua Hut or another store.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: