KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Earlier you'd posted asking about a 250W MH for your tank. These are all 150/175w, did you change your mind?

IMO I'd avoid any no-name brand light.
Many folks with 24" deep tanks use 250W MH's. What type of corals do you plan to keep?

You can also post a 'Want to Buy' thread here and see if anyone has a used pendant for your tank.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Knowing a little about your intentions helps a lot. I have to agree with Kathy. A 24" deep tank would do best with a 250w MH bulb. Remember, you're going to position the light about 9"-12" above the water. If you have a 3" sandbed, your light will now be 30"-33" above the sandbed. Any coral on the sand that requires light (clam as well) most likely won't be sufficient.

Russ

Alex

Pretzel in Orange M&M
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
more light can't hurt, but it can sure heat the water faster. I agree with aquatic express on the 150watt.
be advised that there are many corals that can be kept with these lights. for those corals that need more light simply place them on a higher rock in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: