KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Oh dear! That is quite a collection you have there Meg!
Whatever you put in there to eat them is going to think it died and went to food Heaven..lol

How are your corals doing in there?

Sending a PM with some ideas on how to make a dent so the poor fish doesn't weigh 80 pounds when it's finished eating them...

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the corals are actully fine.. my blue zoes grew over them. the pink ones arent as great as the blue but they seem fine. leather is good. xenia is good. GSP grows right over them. i got something from u but i dont remeber but its called. its only prob is the GSP. my frogspawn is kinda small but ive always had a prob witht hat

wrasseman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a copperband that has been able to keep 17 salt watertanks free of aptasia i move him , her from tank to tank . looks like you neen a few of them but thats not smart pep shrimp , joes juice 30 or 40 each day in a week or three you probably can get this under control , hopefully ! ill rent mine out ,he gobbles em up like crazy ! good luck

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
take each rock out and pluck them out or scrape them.at least as many as you can get.i had around 10 to 20 on a piece of live rock i bought from some one and i waited till they came out and plucked and poked till i killed them all.took 2 days but got em

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia-X by red-sea. joes juice. all those products i got they didnt work orhelp. it was a waste of my money. i have caves in my rocks and u cant get the ones in there so u can kill the ones on the outside. but not the ones u cant see so they just keep on comming. im gonna have faith in my copperband

midtownman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
meg i had an outbreak like that too i just had to dedicate around two hours out that day & pull out each rock quickly as possible so you could still actually see them & pour boiling water on them & the holes or if ur pot is big enough just put the whole rock in for 5 seconds trust me all of them will be gone cause you gonna see them shrink & turn green in the pot & as long it's under water it could get in places you can't see i know this method isn't approved by everyone but it's a sure way to kill them if u have corals growing on the rocks try the pouring method it's better to try that then start over also makes a mistake killing corals with hot water you probaly have to cut ur lost & roll with the punches

caad3

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Damn... This has worked for me. I use the powdered Kalkwaiser (forgive my spelling) and mixed with some RO water. Use a heavy mix of the kalk. Two things you need to focus on. Getting the syringe filled mixture deep into the aptasia and trying to avoid spill onto your corals.

Slow process but be patient and hit them twice if you see them popping back up.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
The problem with any manual method like joes juice and kalk, is that you would need to use so much that it would change your water chemistry affecting any livestock. If you don't want to buy new rocks, I would remove the corals you want from the rock, and then soak each rock in vinegar to kill anything living on it as well as remove the outer layer of the rocks. After that is done, you would need to recure the rocks before being able to use it again. Buying new rocks is easier though

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
problem is severe. I've read about keeping a sump full for filtration but this is just crazy. I've seen this thread couple of days ago but still can't believe the severity. Why did you wait so long????

RaSooch

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
any chance you can put your goby in a QT tank until lthe pepermints work their magic? I had an out break about 2 months ago (definitely not as severe) and got 2 peps, the all of it was gone in 2 days. and I have two new tank inhabitants who seem to be very happy.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well everyone one was like try this do that. and i did then i went to africa. and i came back it was like this. ill make sure ill tell the Marine Corps i cant deploy becuz of my fish..lol the copperband def is working

marki24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.1%
116   1   0
well everyone one was like try this do that. and i did then i went to africa. and i came back it was like this. ill make sure ill tell the Marine Corps i cant deploy becuz of my fish..lol the copperband def is working

its not because of the fish its because of your atapsia outbreak. :tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: