non of the joes juice or anything helps
wut should i do
should i buy a copper band, my tasnk is alrdy stockd
1001081246.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
wow Meg you beat my tank for having more aiptasia, I did not think that was possible. Your tank is too small for a copper band and I recommend no one buys them, even with large tanks. they are too delicate for captivity, or ship very poorly. whichever the case way too many copperbands die due too the reef trade, I wish retailers would just stop selling them.
You could try a small Aurigia butterfly, you'll have to find it a new home once it grows up, the 55 is much too small for an adult.
Other than that I would consider starting over, that's an insane amount of aiptasia.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I'd go with a small army of bristle tail filefish. Maybe 2-3 but you'll have to plan on keeping them long term. It would take some time to for them to clean up your tank. They would not be able to get into the crevices so they would be needed long term to keep the aptaisia in check. They are relatively cheap but you may have to special order them as they are not commonly kept in stock. Check with an MR vendor and see what they can do for you.

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
You need about 5-6 peppermint shrimp to get rid of those. They go to work real quick, but you would also need to do small water changes daily because once all those start to die it will foul your water. The problem with the perppermint shrimp is that once they have taken care of the problem, get them out or they will bother your corals.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was trying to kill it off i got the pep shmp but my goby keeps eating them and then i went away and i came back and it was like this and i was buying bottles of joe juice or stuff like it and it didnt help

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol its pink diamond goby, he a shmp goby so ive read. he loves the cleaner shmp. i think he goes after the pep cuz ther small. ive baught like 8 id say over time. and ive only seen one. ad ive seen him go after them so it didnt take long to fgirue out wut was going on

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the whole tank.. im not starting over. im not buying all new rock and corals. idk know where id put my fish.. id rather try the copperband or the other first.. someone i know brought over a copperband im gonna see how he does for the weekend. im not keeping him.

Euroreefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Ok, either way have the water changes ready. Depending on how many he eats your water quality will go down quickly. I have also been told that taking the rocks out and putting crazy glue on them kills them, but I think you have too many for that option.

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol. ill be doing water changes like crazy, becuz my tank is def stocked now/..i wont be able to do another one till monday. maybe friday but i doubt it

meagheavz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol i know and people are like buy joes juice, and i was like that isnt gonna work... i hope the copperhead helps. hes been picking at the rock, i havent seen him touch a aispta yet... well he def has a enough food

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: