aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hey guys,

Question, I had a spare Marine System 6, sand, and plenty of rock lying around. Curious to know what can I put in this aquarium if it's FOWLR? Should I buy another pump for more flow or does it not matter?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Are you talking about the Eclipse 6g tank with everything built into the hood?
If so, IMO I would just hang onto it to use as a QT tank if you don't already have one! Take the bio wheel and float it in your current sump and it will always be loaded with bacteria and ready to use whenever you need to QT a new or sick fish.
As a FOWLR you would only be able to put 1 or 2 super tiny sized fish in it...so it wouldn't make much of a display tank.

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Yea the eclipse is the 6g with everything built into the hood. Hmmm... well I saw those pico tanks at Fishstores and was like WOW that's pretty awesome 1 seahorse.

Anyway, I just wanted to keep 1 fish in this tank anyway (Firefish Goby) and a Porcelain Crab. I also was going to use it for excess macroalgae growth that will grow from my Biocube, in case some fellow reefers need it.

I don't have a sump... . But I wanted to basically use this tank as a decoration for my house. Here is a current pic.

photo-4.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: