SaltWaterN00b

\/\/h47 @ n00b !!!
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I like to use Nitrex in my tank to help keep the nitrate down and with the recent tank leak and swap I now have no place to put the nitrex in, I use to put in the the back of the filter I used but the current one is much smaller and wont fit.

My question is will it be a problem if I put phosban and nitrex in my phosphate reactor? The reactor looks something like this.
kent_phosphate_reactor.jpg

I figured I can put the phosban in and then the nitrex on top of it and have a MJ 600 pump the water through. ANy thoughts?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Hey Patrick..do you have a link for Nitrex, it didn't come up on a Google search.
Edit: Scratch that, I found it :)
My concern would be that the Nitrex looks sharp (literally) and I'd worry that it might break up the Phosban, or as you mention putting it on top of the Phosban it would keep the Phosban from tumbling like it needs to do to be effective.

What about trying 'Algone' for nitrate removal? It comes in a pouch and just needs to be kept submerged to work?

Last edited:

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Sorry if I was confusing..the Phosban needs to tumble, not the Nitrex.
Sure, after reading about the product, a mesh bag should be fine. Just make sure it doesn't back up the flow out of the Remora :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: