alistair

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
the lights are 48" blue and white biax bulbs, I really dont know much about them, I plan to havea hippo tang, 2 clowns, a hawkfish, a blenny, a jaw fish, a cowfish, a yellow tang, a queen angel or emperor, some soft corals like anemones for the clowns, feather duster, 1 or 2 sea urchins, frogspawn, a starfish, and a cleaning crew,but first i need to check the compatability of the fish, and I need too look deeper into my lights to see if it;ll support the corals. I want arount 80lbs of LR and bout 2' sand bed, I also plan to get 2 koralia 3, and I might make my own phosban reactor.
That seems like a very high bio-load.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
bobby as stated just drain the tank wipe it down with vinegar, mixed enough water to fill tank and sump once you have a rodi, bought mine on ebay for $100 to the door
http://cgi.ebay.com/AQUA-SAFE-AQUAR...20684QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

dont cut corners or you will regret it latr, wait till you got the ro-di and make your water with it, and when setting the tank up after making the water, put sand in tank, then a bowl, let water fill into the bowl so it doesnt cause a sand storm, add rock, leave lights off for a month, no need for them to be on while cycling tank, can add a piece of raw shrimp day one to help cycle tank after a month check water parameters then you can begin slowly adding corals and live stock. please listen to the advise given to you, it will save you money, headaches, questions and animals

BOBBY BOLIVIA

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
thank you for the sound advice everyone, my bioload is pretty high, but is more of a wishlist, i wont be buying any heavy llivstock until i'm more knowledgeable i dont want to risk the fish or my pocket. and mostlikely i might go for a bigger tank, but i need the experience first

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
the lights are 48" blue and white biax bulbs, I really dont know much about them, I plan to havea hippo tang, 2 clowns, a hawkfish, a blenny, a jaw fish, a cowfish, a yellow tang, a queen angel or emperor, some soft corals like anemones for the clowns, feather duster, 1 or 2 sea urchins, frogspawn, a starfish, and a cleaning crew,but first i need to check the compatability of the fish, and I need too look deeper into my lights to see if it;ll support the corals. I want arount 80lbs of LR and bout 2' sand bed, I also plan to get 2 koralia 3, and I might make my own phosban reactor.

that tank is too small for the 2 tangs and the angel together. I would pick the smaller of the three and stick with that. Also Anemone's require high lighting. The skimmer is a very important item to have from the start because it will pick up all the excess nutrients from the fish, food, corals and inverts in the tank. Anemone's and inverts are very sensitive to parameter swings and the skimmer will help keep them in check. Cowfish are also a very sensitive animal and if the die they can poison a tank due to the toxins released when this happens. They can also release those toxins when startled and devastate a tank too. Make sure any starfish you pick is reef safe as well not a chocolate chip starfish as they eat corals. A good start and patience are the most important thing to a reef.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: