UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
skimmer

well guys i went and got a nano cube skimmer for a 24 gallon tank so its twice the capacity of my tank hopefully this will work out :tub:

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well guys i went and got a nano cube skimmer for a 24 gallon tank so its twice the capacity of my tank hopefully this will work out :tub:

Hi ;-)...it should...provide you do not overfeed, or over populate, in fact three fish is enough for that tank. Three times would have been better, still, two times should do it and if it doesn't then you will have to upgrade or get another one like the first you now have and have two skimmers working (I have two skimmers working, same brand and model).
Please post a picture of the skimmer working so that we may help you to evaluate its performance.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno;-)

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Hi Unicorn
So you got yourself an air stone skimmer...you will probably need another one:scratchch...but OK, for a start its good.

picture.jpg

Say, within two days, please put a photograph of the collection cup so that we may have an idea of the skimming performance of this skimmer

Cheers
Pedro Nuno;-)

Last edited:

UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
question

well iam going to get a water pump

i saw one that has no hoses to redirect the current it moves the current right in the tank its compact and the opening dose move side to side will this do to get more movment in the tank :iamwithst

remember its only 12 galllons!!!!

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well iam going to get a water pump

i saw one that has no hoses to redirect the current it moves the current right in the tank its compact and the opening dose move side to side will this do to get more movment in the tank :iamwithst

remember its only 12 galllons!!!!

Hi Unicorn
Well the brand name and model would be of much help to better determine if it is adequate or no, do you remember what it was?
Well I know it is 12 gallons so the pump must be of low flow, otherwise the fish, gravel and rocks will become airborne...;-)
Please let us know the brand name and model prior of buying it, so that we can evaluate it and help you to decide.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update

well you guys

picked up some new equipment

zoo med power sweep 30 gallons
i like it its not to strong for my 12 gallon tank

coral life aqualight 64 watts 50-50 compaq
is this too stong for my deep 12 gallon tank?

levels

nitrate 0-5
nitrite 0
ph 8.3
salt1023
78dg

so i was so please that i picked up some coral clusters i need a I.D?

i think one is a blasstomussa
the other one is a zoo polyp but i dont know?

i have some pix in my profile galler take a look please any more addvice on how to proceed would be helpful!!!!:tub:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: