Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
With my sump, skimmer in play now I noticed my return area loses about an inch each day probably due to evaporation. Its not even summer and its evaporating 1", man if its summer time, it'll be a drought.

So I was looking into adding an Auto Top Off system and letting it fill up with water if the water level decreases under a certain level. Is there an ATO that you recommend that won't break the bank and also is very easy to hookup and use.

Budget: Up to $150
Main Req: I need something easy to understand and use.

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I decided on the jBj auto top off. Can I use any pump with it? Will a Maxijet 1200 do to pump water from a bin to my sump?

Hungriee

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
53   0   0
Hmm, I'm planning on hving a tank the size of a 10G that holds just FW, and I have a 15G Bin that holds mixed SW. The tank itself is only 37G

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
I use a Tunze Osmolator and love it. It comes with everything, including the pump. All you need to provide is the reservoir for the top off water. I've seen it for sale online for a little as $175 (Marine Depot has it for $195). It's a little above what you want to spend, but that extra $25 is worth it IMO.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: