UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i know that i should take out my livestock but i really just have so much going on right now to travel to bring my fish anywere and i feel that i want my tank to cycle with live stock!

now even though there are many on here who hate me right now for putting my fish threw this :birthday:

what is normall behavior for clown fish ?

yesterday when i went to return the chemicals & test i picked up a verry pretty plastic colofrul plant

i noticed soon after that my clown was not out and about like usuall

and i just fead them and hes eating fine my two feather dusters and purpulr goby look fine

&&& are having fine bubbles bad to have in your tank in all the pix i have seen on this sight i havent seen bubbles ?
hes hideing low in the tank

Last edited:

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Can you post a pic of your set up?

I really cannot offer you advice of typical/normal clown behavior, I don't think there really is any "normal" behavior for any fish. Also it would basically be useless even if there was a norm of comparison because you are cycling with the fish and it is under stress. So really does it matter what is normal behavior or not?

What are the air bubbles coming from?

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Unicorn ;-)

The behaviour of your clown fish could be for many things, including bad water parameters, or it could be some what suspicious and being cautious about this new thing,
UNICORN said:
I picked up a very pretty plastic colourful plant
and is trying to figure out if it is safe or not. I imagine that you picked up a fantasy item for aquariums so it should be safe to use, so if by chance you did not check that, please do and make sure it is adequate for marine tanks.

UNICORN said:
&&& are having fine bubbles bad to have in your tank in all the pix i have seen on this sight i haven't seen bubbles ?
hes hiding low in the tank

So if I well undestood, the clown fish is showing tiny dots on his body...which could be a disease called ICH, please read the topic and let us know more and if possible put pictures of the clown fish or a small video.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bubbles

i have a bubble fixture in the tank with the air pump is this a bad thing to have this device in the tank producing bubbles?

the plant is safe for saltwater aquariums

there are no dotts on my fish thank god

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just took my bubbles out why was that bad i donno help :iamwithst

Hi Unicorn
A long time ago, some twenty years or more ago, people used air stones and bubble fixtures to both create a fantasy environment and water motion, also people had the wrong idea that the bubbles would oxygenate the water. Any way, a lot has evolved ever since both knowledge about marine environments as well as equipment.
From what you write us, it looks like as if you were setting up a fantasy marine tank such as Penn Plax use to offer for sale some twenty years ago or more and still does nowadays, possibly more aimed to fulfil children fantasy. Well if it is that, please let us know so that we know better what we are dealing with and how to better help you. I can understand that even if it is not the best approach for many reasons, still false corals are used in public displays where real corals would not be feasible, the same goes with Kelp algae that are very difficult until present to keep in closed systems.
Whatever, please put photographs of your tank and we will help you the best way possible. Promise ;-), you can trust :)

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi again Unicorn
I found a picture of your tank

image.php

Now it will be more easy to help you along. It looks to be a fantasy marine tank or partly. Well its...a different approach, shall we say...;-)

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

UNICORN

Bubbles
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you guys

i do have the eclipse but will not even attempt to do a reef tank in this little tank .

iam pushing it you guys but iam not insane i dont even like there 14 g nano cube i think thats way to small
dont worry when i graduate to a reef tank you guys will know because iall need your help

i think its a big undertaking and iam no were near ready to do corals or anything like that:lol:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
You ar asking for advice and not listening to it when people give it. You have already gone past pushing it. You have a responsibility to the livestock in your tank to care for it properly and to leave it in a cycling tank is far from responsible.

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Unicorn ;-)
It's not that you are intending to be careless or something like that, but by not removing the fish you can harm it, no matter how much you care for it, please it's a life that depends on you and has no other alternatives as it ended in your tank a cant go any were. So please ask some one from your vicinity to receive temporarily the fish so that its life is not put in risk. Thank you

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

aznt1217

Forever Noob
Rating - 100%
191   0   0
Hello Unicorn,

Although I am relatively new to the hobby, please take these guys advice. I've been following your posts and you haven't... really read much I guess.

Your Marine Eclipse System 6 will be fine for a FOWLR tank. I am currently cycling my Eclipse 6 and have nothing except live sand and some dead rock in the water. Like everybody said please post a bigger picture of your tank. You are telling us you have a bubble machine... What on earth are you referring to? Also it would help if you would type with coherence :) (don't take offense to this but it will help us help you).

Clownfish are super hardy and MIGHT make it... but with regards to normal behavior NO CLOWNFISH has normal behavior... hence the name clownfish. Some will drop to the bottom because they are sleeping and then all of a sudden get up (personal experience).

I highly recommend taking the fish out and finding a fellow reefer to house the fish for the time being, if you still refuse to do so... then I hope he survives. Also buy a Reef Test Kit to check your water parameters.

dsgray16

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Im new to this forum, but not new to internet forums at all. This looks like a typical poster who is just messing with people, looking for attention. If i'm wrong, then UNICORN, you need to read a lot more before you continue going forward with your tank.

~my 2 cents

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: