Malibu361

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
I have a fuge/sump setup and I am totally redoing it all and am curious how to run a a filter sock?I will run all pvc into and out of the fuge/sump Do I just put the sock in the 2 1/2 " hole on the top of my sump or does it get fastened to the return line,or does water just need to flow through it ..are the mostly the same size diamter inlet hole? .Pics would be great also thanks Sal

D Rose

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
The filter sock is affixed to the sump and the drain pipe from you overflow will simply pour into the filter sock. This gets particles out before they even reach your sump/fuge.

In my signature is a link to my tank thread. The 2nd or 3rd pic is of my sump. On the left there is flexible tubing coming from the overflow (looks like vaccum tubing). Follow it to the right of the picture where it is plugged into a 90 degree white pvc elbow. The water dumps out the other end of the elbow like a waterfall and into the filter sock which you can see in the picture also below.

Keith P

Mr. No-Show
Rating - 100%
37   0   0
two of my buddies use a 1-1/2" drains. The just get the kind of sock that has a drawstring. They just slip the sock of the end of the drain hose.

I have 1" drain lines. I was looking at these:
Prefilter4.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: